Property Law

Your home and your land is often the most valuable asset you will own. So when it comes time to buy or sell, you need an experienced property lawyer to ensure the process goes smoothly. Test.

Minimise your costs by talking with your lawyer early, preferably before you enter into a contract. By getting in early, your lawyer can and does often prevent costly problems before they happen.

If you are buying or selling a house, farm, lifestyle block or vineyard, subdividing or building a new home, Wain & Naysmith Lawyers helps you with:

  • Checking and advising on your sale and purchase agreement
  • Legal documentation
  • Land Information Memorandum (LIM) reports
  • Assistance with finance and insurance
  • Money transfers at deposit and settlement
  • Registration of Title
  • Construction law
  • Advise on related issues like updating your will or setting up a family trust.

Kiwisaver withdrawals for first home purchases

To help purchase your first home, you may be able to withdraw some of your savings in KiwiSaver, or receive a one-off payment from the Government.

You must have been a KiwiSaver member for three or more years, and there are some conditions that must be met.

 How we can help …

The team at Wain & Naysmith is experienced in navigating the application processes around KiwiSaver and Housing New Zealand subsidies. Our staff understand the requirements and the timeframes and can manage the application for you. We will liaise with the providers and ensure that the funds are available at the time they are needed.

Find out more from:The Government’s KiwiSaver website

Housing New Zealand deposit subsidy arrangements 

Find out more from: Housing New Zealand information on the first home deposit subsidy

Viewing or Requesting a Property File from Marlborough District Council

You can view or request the Council Property File through the Marlborough District Council website